8.08.2010

JESSICA HINES: Philly Exhibition



Photograph (c) Jessica Hines /All Rights Reserved

"On November 4th, my brother arrived in Qui Nhon, Viet Nam. It was my eighth birthday. Because my parents could no longer care for me, I was sent to live with various relatives. Gary and I didn’t see one another for years."

Photograph (c) Jessica Hines /All Rights Reserved

"While perusing Gary’s Vietnamese/English dictionary, I found it had hand-written declarations of love to him from a Vietnamese woman with whom he had fallen in love. I have since found information that confirmed their plans to marry."

Photograph (c) Jessica Hines /All Rights Reserved

"My pre-war brother, a normal and well-adjusted person had become, according to the Veterans Administration, 50% disabled. He took his own life ten years later."

Jessica Hines Exhibition "My Brother's War"
August 20 - Sept 17/ Sol Mednick Gallery
at the University of the Arts, Philly


+ + +

VOTE NOW!

People’s Choice Voting has begun and we want your vote!
Vote Now! Jessica Hines BLURB Book My Brother's War


"Brilliant combination of great photography, thoughtful text, and excellent book design. Highly recommended!"–Jim Casper, Lens Culture

2 comments:

Bruce Barone said...

I voted.

This entry brought tears to my eyes.

by land by air by sea said...

we do not often know

the memory we make

which we eventually call history

or love

or despair

beth